Join our team
We are an eclectic and multicultural group of passionate, focussed and genuine individuals determined to release great software while making a hugely positive impact on the world. We are always interested to hear from those who have a passion for making a positive impact through the creation of software, especially experts in Rust. If you would like to help, please send your CV along with a covering letter (in pdf format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Reasons to Work With Us:
- Competitive salary.
- Employee benefit trust scheme.
- Flexibility and the opportunity to work remotely.
- We're trying to change how data is managed on a global scale, join us to be part of something special.
- We're open source and believe in universal and free access to our software.
MaidSafe is creating the SAFE (Secure Access For Everyone) Network, an open source, decentralised data communications network made possible by efficiently combining the unused hard drive space, CPU power and internet connections of its users. It is a global network without servers that has the potential to revolutionise the existing Internet, and we are looking for engaging individuals to join our team.
This is an exciting yet demanding role, based either remotely or at MaidSafe’s Scottish HQ, working within the global technology sector and specifically well suited to individuals passionate and knowledgeable about autonomous networks, blockchain, distributed computing, decentralisation and cryptocurrencies.
Role and Responsibilities
- Implementing the code as per the network design
- Participate in online technical discussions on Slack and and on the community run forum
- Aid the production of clear and user-focussed documentation
- Work as part of a remote team
- Participate in testing and integration providing feedback, when required
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of the languages, tools and methodologies used by the company
- Participate in the continuous improvement and evolution of the standards and best practises
- Work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt quickly to change
- High degree of technical capability
- Excellent communication skills (we are a geographically distributed team)
- Commercial experience of working to tight deadlines
- Experience of planning and project management
- Strong experience of identifying and monetising deliverables with reasonable timescales.
- Possess good analytical, problem solving and debugging skills
- Skilled in producing clear and focussed documentation
- Working independently and as part of a team
- Business acumen
- Experience working within Interactive Agile development process
- Experience of programming in Rust (preferably 1 year minimum)
- Familiar with decentralised and distributed algorithms and networks
- Familiar with applied cryptography, AI (neuroevolution preferred) and embedded system knowledge
- Commits have been made to verifiable open source repositories (indicate these on applications)